I live in Upstate NY where there are not many Asians. I can probably count on one hand the Asians that live in my city. Since there are so few of us – many people in our area have misconceptions about Asians. Thus I decided to help my fellow Upstate New Yorkers to understand us. Please enjoy.
1. Asians eat cat. We don’t eat household pets. I wish they would do a Mythbuster episode on this.
2. We are all Chinese or all look alike. I like Chinese people but I am not Chinese I am Korean.
Chinese, Japanese we all don’t look like deeze.
3. We are oriental. We are not rugs we are Asians.
4. We all know Karate, Kung Fu, Judo, Tango. Actually this is true. All asian school children must attend after school lessons at Shalonin Temple and train in between SAT tutoring and piano lessons.
5. We cannot see out of our eyes. People have asked if our vision is limited because our eyes are smaller. Believe me, you don’t need good eyesight to recognize ignorance.
6. We all know each other. “You are Korean!!! Hey do you know Janet Kim?” No
7. We eat rice at every meal. True
8. Asian women are bad drivers. Yes true but so are all women. Just kidding. My dad is a bad driver but that is only because he is old. Ooops Just kidding. I think I just offended women and old people uhm I mean seniors.
9. Asians are nerds. Yes, education is important to Asians but believe me there are dumb Asians. That just means that they charge less to tutor your lazy dumb…
10. Asians are hard of hearing. YOU DON’T NEED TO YELL AT US IN BROKEN ENGLISH. WE CAN HEAR YOU!!!!!